Grandma & Amari

Grandma & Amari
This is the first girl of my 4th generation.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Reflecting on Learning


Blog

 

 

An explanation of your most passionate hope for your future as an early childhood professional and for the children and families with whom you work or will work.

What I am most passionate about in hopes for my future as an early childhood professional is that I can be an asset to children and families. I love what I do. I care about how a child feels, what they are learning, and how their families are doing as well. When I started studying ECE I had to ask myself if this was what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. I get tears in my eyes just thinking about children that don’t have enough to eat, no comfortable bed to sleep and no books to read. My plans for my future in ECE and ECC have been overwhelmingly exciting in my heart. I am so ready to take this journey to the next level and be of service to the Early Childhood Field.

 

A brief note of thanks to your colleagues.

To my Colleagues,

I never could have made it without you.

9 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed reading your discussion posts throughout this course. May we all be granted the same passion you have about our work in ECE! May we hold on to that passion over the years, and renew that passion when we face obstacles in our journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caroline.
      It is done. You have been renewed through eternity. Be the best you can be at all that you do.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations of completing another course! Your voice is indeed a passionate and dedicated one. As I read this post, I was moved by your observation that some of the children come to us hungry, without adequate shelter. They come to us without a reason to believe that we will help them. But we do. I want you to look up a teacher by the name of Jeff Duncan-Andrade. Look for his Harvard keynote address, Roses in Concrete. He tells us that, as teachers, we are responsible for more than filling their minds. We must sometimes be willing to fill their stomachs. He talks about what the word "hope" really means, and how we can bring real hope to children and families. Good luck on your continued journey.
    Greg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gregory
      I will always keep a special place in my thughts for you. You have been an insprirations to me thoughout my courses. You works of wisdom and knowledge will always be a part of my learning experience.

      Delete
  3. Leslie,
    I have truly been Blessed by your contribution throughout this course. I have a passion to ensure that ALL children are treated fairly. I also am sadden by the state of how some of our children are coming to school hungry and not even had a good nights rest ,because like you said they may have not even had a bed to sleep in. Continue to be the wonderful ,caring person you are and as you continue on your academic journey, I wish you the very best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Edilma,
      You have also been an inspriation to me and an adding note in my song. I sing because of you. May your journey continue to and easy walk.

      Delete
  4. Leslie, it is amazing that your passion speaks out through written words. I can only imagine what it would be like to meet you in person. I wish you many blessings as your continue your journey both educationally and in career! Thanks for sharing your insight with me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leslie,
    I feel the same we all needed each other to make it through our journey. Good luck
    Deanna

    ReplyDelete