Grandma & Amari

Grandma & Amari
This is the first girl of my 4th generation.

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Creating Art


 

Children are only a loan to us from God, sooner or later we have to give them back.

Children are only a loan to us from God; we have to love them no matter what they do,  Children are only a loan from God, they learn they play and grow.

Children are only a loan from God, keeping and caring, teaching and sharing, being their loving guide. Loving them in this world of malice and strife and keeping them alive.

Children are from God as a source of strength and a way to keep life growing. Children are from God those that leave on such short notice leave our hearts unknowing.

 Children from God soon return from above. Children are from God. Children from God deserve to be loved.

My prayers go out to the parents, grand-parents, family and friends for the lost lives recently taken by the child of God that somehow became lost.

 

 

9 comments:

  1. The tragedy in Connecticut can only make us wonder, as a society, how we have come to a point where even the children become victims of such horror. It used to be that I didn't mind the "slasher" movies,I figured it was all escapism, such things would never happen in real life... but?

    While I am not a religious man,I will certainly send wishes of healing to all that are impacted by this tragedy - and we should all be impated in some way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tragedy in Connecticut brings me to tears. I can't begin to understand how the parents of the children whose lives were taken in in this tragic event feel or will cope with this tragedy. It brings to life how precious life is and how short life is.
    You wrote a beautiful poem that encompasses the importance of life and fragility of the life of a child.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My heart goes to the families. I finally watched th news report. It is sad.

      Delete
  4. Your poem is very moving. It reminds us to cherish children and that it is our duty and our privilege to nurture and guide them through their childhood, so they can grow to be nurturing and guiding to others. I agree with Alicia that your poem captures how delicate children's lives are, and that they are at the whim of society that surrounds them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The current tradegy just reminds us of how short life canbe. That we must live each day like it's the last one. Thank you

      Delete
  5. Hi Leslie,
    I think all of us are struggling with the tragedy in Connecticut. How someone could do this to children is unspeakable. I think your poem put this tragedy into perspective of how our children are on loan for a little while. They are a gift that we need to treasure no matter how long they are with us.
    God Bless You!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori. I believe in the future so I don't dwell on the past but somehow I just can't get this out of my head.I don't want to eperience what these parents are going through.

      Delete