Grandma & Amari

Grandma & Amari
This is the first girl of my 4th generation.

Thursday, July 5, 2012

My Family Culture

Blog about all of the following:

A description of the three items you would choose.  

1.     My financial documents (bank book or bank statement), 2. My Bible and 3, Identification.


How you would explain to others what each of these items means to you.

My financial documents can be used anywhere in the world, and currency can be spent anywhere in the world providing you can do currency exchange and I will probably need money to purchase things that the government may not provide that will be needed in the new country. My bible, will define my religious beliefs and my identification define who I am.

Your feelings if, upon arrival, you were told that you could only keep one personal item and have to give up the other two items you brought with you.

It would be devastating to have to give up one of my items. Two would put me in a shell I could not come out of.  

Any insights you gained about yourself, your family culture, diversity, and/or cultural differences in general, as a result of this exercise,

I don’t want to lose my money, my religion or my identification. I value all of them but most importantly I value who I am as a person.

7 comments:

  1. Hi

    I think that we all have some things that we take with us that reminds us of our culture and families and I think the bible is a great one to take with you. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi

    I see that we share the bible as being a part of our culture. Financial documents are very important we we need to have money to buy things that are necessary for us. Enjoyed

    ReplyDelete
  3. When we are asked to give up where we live and the place in which we built our lives around is hard. Its not easy for a person to pack up and leave what they know for the unknown. especially if it means giving up your identity. I feel a person nevers loses who they are inside but they can be derailed by trying to fit into the domanint cutlure of the new community in which they live in.

    Thanks for sharing,
    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't think about bringing money! What a good idea! I also didn't think about bringing identification especially going to a different country.... Thanks for sharing your story and giving me ideas on some other things that can be vital to a person and their culture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did not think of bringing Ientification or money, good thoughts. I really liked what you wrote at the end of you post when you stated you value your items, but most importantly you value who you are. Your right, these items also contribute to who we are and we value them becuase they represent us and when they are taken away, a piece of us are taken away as well.

    ReplyDelete