Grandma & Amari

Grandma & Amari
This is the first girl of my 4th generation.

Friday, March 16, 2012

Getting to Know Your International Contacts—Part 1

I am interested in learning all I can about childcare all over the country. I am unable to speak to or contact a person from another country. I won’t give up. I did contact a study broad program to get information as to how I can become a visitor to help with a program, study their culture, or become a volunteer. Cross- Cultural Solutions is a volunteer program that support students like myself that are interested in learning about other cultures. Whether, you choose to learn about t language, customs, childcare, poverty, and all else in between, I feel this would be a great opportunity to visit and get involved. 
Connect with facebook.com/crosscultural solutions
twitter.com/volunteeraboard
youtube.com/ccsvolunteersaboard   

 I have learned that poverty may never be distinct and that some children will grow on to bring their children up in poverty some will die, and some will grow up learning to better themselves.

We watch television and see replicas of poverty, hunger and fear in movies, sitcoms, and other television shows. When I watched the short videos on the web site I had become interested and the clip cut off. I sit and watch different suffering; hunger and death all day on the new, chatting with friends, but when I see real life situations it make me want to help. I feel helpless watching those commercials that come on television about poverty and I say I’m going to help. Then the business of my life lets me forget how important it is for me to help these children. I feel my time is coming near to really get outside myself and help all children. I can’t work miracles but I can make a difference.

7 comments:

  1. Leslie,
    I agree that we can make a difference even though we can’t make poverty extinct. After I became a mother, I began to wish strongly that more people would help children in poverty so these families can lead better lives. I also want mothers in poverty to be able to provide what they want to provide for their children such as health care, nutritious food and education. I think a lot of mothers feel that way. What we can each do is take a small action to know poverty around the world, share what we learn with friends and children and make a small difference for someone. I am interested in this sponsoring child program(http://www.worldvision.org/m/tt1). Please take a look at the website : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank Aya
    I feed the homelss during the hoilday's, We always cook too much. So a day or two after I make warm plates and drive around and give them to people on street corners or standing outside of missions. This has become a tradition for me and I plan to keep doing it. I my self have been in some bad situations and can identify with people in that type of lifestles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that we each need to do our part to aid those in poverty. Growing up, my family has made a monthly visit to the local food bank on distribution day in order to help pack the bags and distribute the food. It's amazingly humbling to participate in an activity like that. We also went through our clothes at the end of each season and donated them to varying organizations over the years. It's a small contribution but it is something. If everyone works together, we may not be able to totally eliminate poverty, but we could make a dent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just talking to a friend today about my life story and all we went through as children and how our parents struggled to keep a roof over our head and food on the table. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. Every little bit that we do can help a child somewhere. Some of us help out at shelters while others can only merely donate their gently used clothing or toys. Although to us it may seem like not enough there is a family or child out there that appreciates our efforts. While raising my four children there have been tough times. My son was seriously ill and constantly in the hospital about 2 years ago and my husband and I were struggling due to missing work. Some of my co-workers pitched in and cooked us Thanksgiving dinner and then took donations for gifts and food for Christmas. They felt it was not enough but to my family it was a lot and was very much appreciated. It made me realize that even the smallest donation helps someone who has nothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. April this touches close to home. I have been there and now I take all my clothes and shoes back to the people that helped me. I don't give anyone anything I won't wear. I just have so much to be thankful for today and I like to share it with the less people that are where I've been. Thank you.

      Delete
  5. Hi Leslie,
    This summer i am taking a cruise to Cozumel Mexico. The plan is to visit and enjoy my summer. While I am there I hope visit some of the local daycares and maybe set up some dates and times that the classes can visit via web cam. i think that will fun and exciting. Also this will give my children a chance to take with other children beside the telephone.

    ReplyDelete