Grandma & Amari

Grandma & Amari
This is the first girl of my 4th generation.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

My Connections to Play



 Quotes:
"A child loves his play, not becauseit's easy, but because it's hard"

"Play it the beginning of knowledge"

http:/www.scrapbook.com/quotes/cat/54.html


 My favorite things to play with when I was younger are all time favorites:----------------------------->

Jacks
 Barbie
See if you can find your favoritetoys @ http:/www.orientaltrading.com/ui/browse/sharedFlowerController.goToOrderController.do

The things I learned were inherited.

My mom was our biggest supporter. She taugh os to play games and played them with us. I learnes to play "Hop-scotch", Jacks, Dominos, and all the board games you can name. Many of them I carried on to my famly. It may not have been the same games, but the strategy is still the same.

"Play today is controlled by electronics. Video games were not heard of when I was a kid. Ist is so rare to see children playing on the playgrounds and school yards. Almost every child is texting or talking on their cell phones. I want to go back to the good old days."
























8 comments:

  1. Leslie,
    Barbies and Jacks were two of the things I listed from my childhood as well, and considering we are close to the same age, I suppose that's not too surprising. You gogged my memory when and brought a smile to my face when you mentioned hopscotch! My friends and I would spend hours playing that and even coming up with beautiful things to throw in the squares when it was our turn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leslie,

    I want the good old days back for children. I want my children to run around outside with friends every day and explore nature for fun and discovery. But a part of me thinks they may also need electronic toys because they will live in the electronic society and they are the ones who will support it. I still think adults should purposely give children chances to play with non-electric toys because the electronic ones are made to be so appealing to children that kids choose them and lose the opportunities to be creative and use their imaginations.

    Aya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I certainly agree with that comment. My grandson loves to play outside and that could be because he's just four. When he gets old enough to learn to play vidoe games and stuff like that, I'm sure he may still want to go out and play. Thanks for responding.

      Delete
  3. As as child we also played with games whether it was inside or outside. I played Barbie's with my sister (she is younger), when my parents were out we would build elaborate Barbie houses throughout the hallway or living room. Dad was not crazy about that.

    I have four children and we have a family game/movie night. They like to play card games but we try to pick something different to play to keep it interesting. We played Trouble the other night and I had my daughter laughing because I put the pieces on my fingers like long nails just as I did as a kid. She told me I was silly. We also include the Wii and Xbox as part of our game night. It is something that we do together also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for responding April. My daughter had Barbies too, about 30 of them. When she felt she was too old to play with them we passed them to my granddaughter. Barbie will always be a little girls favorite. Barbie is still pretty popular.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that just reading a little bit about your play experiences with your mom, I can see that the way your mom engaged with you in play was very important so much so that you have now passed that on to your own children. This is part of what play means to all of us. It is a way to learn about each other and also how to engage with one another

    ReplyDelete