Grandma & Amari

Grandma & Amari
This is the first girl of my 4th generation.

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Examining Codes of Ethics

NAEYC
1. To be familiar with the knowledge base of early
childhood care and education and to stay informed
through continuing education and training.
2. To base program practices upon current knowledge
and research in the field of early childhood
education, child development, and related disciplines,
as well as on particular knowledge of each child.
3. To recognize and respect the unique qualities,
abilities, and potential of each child.
As a furture early childhood professional, this means that I need to continue my education on early childhood studies and to attend workshops and training seminars related to childcare and early childhood teaching. To educate a child take more tha books and chalk boards. It take a loving and caring individual with knowlwdge and training in the field of learn and teaching.
DEC
1. We shall demonstrate our respect and concern for children, families, colleagues, and others with
whom we work, honoring their beliefs, values, customs, languages, and culture.

2. We shall recognize our responsibility to improve the developmental outcomes of children and to provide services and supports in a fair and equitable manner to all families and children.
3. We shall advocate for equal access to high quality services and supports for all children and
families to enhance their quality of lives.
Placing and keeping principle before the personality.

3 comments:

  1. Always show respect and concern that's lets the parents know that their children are in good hands at all times. I just know that as educators children need us in different ways and on so many levels. And sometimes the parents do to but are afraid to talk that's why I asks question to let them know its ok talk to me maybe I can help the situation if there is one. That goes back to advocating for them in which some children and parents need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree it does take loving and caring individuals to care for children. Great post Brandee. I also agree with Jamila, me being a parent I tend not to say things because I don't want to come off the wrong way but I do not play when it comes to children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Leslie. I see great minds think alike! I too, wrote about the first 2 ideals from the NAEYC. They really got my attention and I do not believe it was because they were the 1st ones I read. They just said a lot in those few words. And I like what you said about teaching children. Yes, it is definitely way more than just books and chalkboards. It goes so deep and if one does not see that going into this field, he or she is going to have a hard time adjusting. Great post!

    ReplyDelete